Saturday, April 08, 2006

Project Management

Now I know what it takes to manage a proper project, a plan and budget. This project started out with a pretty simple plan and a minimal budget but has spiraled out of control becoming victims to the “while you’re at it” gremlin. The problem is there are just too many good ideas out there. Especially if you spend any time looking at the popular forums like the one Pelican Parts hosts. I also have to give some credit to my father-in-law Warren who is without doubt great at coming up with “while you’re at it” ideas.

This project started out as preparation for a paint job and has become a darn near complete tear down. The RUF bumpers and fender flares were my idea, I have to admit. Warren planted the seed for replacing the antiquated Porsche fuse block. But pulling out the wiring harness I have to credit the PP guys. It just seemed like a good idea. What the hell, the wires were all disconnected anyway.

Now I’m thinking it looks like an opportune time to get into the rear suspension, rebuild the transaxle, do some engine work …

Time to focus, get the body work done and the car into the paint booth. Once that is done the project will go from being one of taking apart to putting back together. That should be fun and a whole new set of challenges (like remembering where all the pieces go).

No comments: